Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest." Matt 9: 37-38
We have committed to spending half our working time in prayer. We believe that it is God who draws people to himself and God who builds his church. We are totally dependant on him for everything and that leads us to seeking his face. As such our main prayer requests are:
- Lord, draw us into a deeper relationship with you each day
- Let your kingdom come
- Who are the people you are drawing to yourself that you would have us speak to?
- Where will we find them?
- How can we show them that we genuinely love them?
We're also enthusiastic about the wider church being transformed into a community which is outwardly focussed and passionate about spreading the gospel. So we're also praying:
- Who are the church leaders we should be working along-side?
- Who will join us in praying for the unreached?
Date published: 13th February 2013